Where have we been and what have we been up to


Wow what a year. I've not posted for ages coz Tarkka and my family have been testing living in other parts of the uk.

Due to my job we decided a year ago to take the plunge and buy a house in Malvern. It then took another 4 months before my son and Tarkka joined me. Until then it was only at weekends. We had Naz join us to help me with Josh (school run) and Tarkka (walking in the morning) This allowed me to concentrate getting the house sorted and so I could work.

George stayed in Devon and the idea was he would join us as soon as he could but would still come up to Malvern at weekends.

In the meantime Tarkka had Oskar another Finnish Lapphund to play with, life was looking good.

Due to the time the family was spending apart we decided to take a step back from showing for a year and this would hopefully give Tarkka some time to start growing up as he looked such a baby in Post Graduate classes at shows.

This also gave me some time to work on other things with Tarkka like humping and running off.

I'm please to report that we have recall now down to a fine art and he's recall is also good with George and Naz.

We've had lots of visitors since been in Malvern which has been great fun. Paula, Adam & Inko have been to stay, we've had visits from the Lee's and Shelley and Steve came up with Taru, Apina, Kippis and Cloud to help us bring in the new year. Instead of fireworks we spent what seemed like hours trying to chinese light lanterns.

Nothing in life is meant to last but we had hoped that we would stay in Malvern for a good full years to come but due to a slight change in my job and George not getting work in the midlands we have taken the decission to move back to Devon.

So with Malvern up for sale Tarkka is now back down with all his dog friends in Devon. I'm pleased to report that his humping while out walking is few and far between but this might be down to walking with some friends who have a very bosy female who keeps Tarkka in check.

Plus points of moving back to Devon is walks on the beach which Tarkka loves and I'm sure he's missed the digging in the sand. He's been so good in Malvern and not once tried to dig holes in the garden. Another plus point is lots of Lappy classes at open shows and I've decided Tarkka and I will be going back to basics. Yes we plan to start back at training classes and I also plan to head back to ringcraft once a month as Devon has lots of open shows with Lappy classes
which is also a great chance to catch up with lappy friends.

So we have lots to keep us busy going forward and the move back is not all bad.

1 comment: