Cycling Video

Ok as promised a few posts ago here is some footage of me and Tarkka with the new challenge of cycling. You will see that Tarkka is off lead, this is because we are on a cycle track that is the old railway line down the road from our house. It's a lovely track and runs along by the river so Tarkka often disappears to nip down the bank to the water for a paddle and then comes charging back. While I worry about cycling nice and slowly Tarkka has now started shooting off on tracks and reappearing much futher up the path little monkey. He's really good with other cyclists and has learnt very quickly when I call "Tarkka Near" he comes alongside me while the cyclists pass. We also stop and chat to other dog walkers often because they want to tell us about their dog on it's lead is due to running in front of cyclists. So we stop and chat, Tarkka often getting fed up with the dog on a lead has moved on ahead of us so we have to catch him up.

Anyway heres a bit of footage I managed to grab on my phone while cycling, it's not great but will show you how slowly we trundle and how often Tarkka shoots of. You will also have to mainly look Tarkka tail which is important as I make sure that if he starts galloping or his tail drops we slow down or stop for a break. We take lots of breaks by the river at the moment and I always carry water and a bowl for him.



I will try to get George to take some footage of Tarkka and I cycling with Tarkka on a lead which is also now very controlled but takes time and paitence to get right. I'm also about to invest in a better lead and harness for Tarkka as I want one with more give on it not that it's ever on long as we live 3 streets away from the cycle path but plan to look at kit they use when running with dogs.

1 comment: